Sunday, August 14, 2011

Frozen Lemonade Squares

Yields: 9 
Buy the Book


1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 ¾ cups Splenda granulated sweetener, divided
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
2 cups plain nonfat yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
1/3 cup lemon juice (about 1-2 lemons)
Zest of 1 lemon
½ teaspoon lemon extract
1 cup light whipped topping (I used fat free)


Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. (I used parchment paper to line my pan instead).


In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, ¼ cup of the sweetener, and the margarine until crumbly. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. 


In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, the remaining sweetener, the lemon juice, lemon zest and lemon extract. Gently fold in the whipped topping. Pour into the crust and smooth the top.


Cover the pan and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours (I did not cover mine and it was fine, I froze the pan overnight).


Before serving, allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Cut into 9 portions using a heated sharp knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment