Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Peach Cobbler

Yields: Varies by bar size, enough to fill a 13x9" pan
Ryan Bakes

Fruit:
½ stick (4 teaspoons) unsalted butter
4 cups of fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (or 4 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries, apples, peaches, blackberries, or cherries)
1 cup of sugar (I used Splenda)
Mix fruit and sugar together and let stand.  Melt butter in a 9x13 glass (I used ceramic and it was fine) baking dish and set aside for later use.  Preheat oven for 350 degrees F.
Batter:
2 cups sugar (I used Splenda)
3/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1½ cups flour (I used whole wheat)
1½ cups milk (I used skim)

Mix above ingredients together until lumps are gone. Pour the batter over the melted butter in the 9x13 dish. Spoon Fruit on top of batter.  DO NOT STIR.  Bake in oven at 350 Degrees for 40-45 minutes or until top is brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment